Who are these Critters you speak of?

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

CarCar's First Baseball Game


CarCar and I spent Saturday afternoon together at an FSU baseball game.  She seems to really like sports and I thought it would be great opportunity for some one on one time.  FSU was playing Maryland so I didn't think it would be too crowded.  My ticket to the game was only seven bucks and CarCar got in free (kids five and under are free for the grandstands).  

As soon as we sat down CarCar decided that she wanted something to eat and she also had to go to the bathroom.  Parents of little children know that a trip to the bathroom, especially a public bathroom is not a quick trip.  Well the game started and FSU was at bat.  I heard some loud cheering and heard over the PA system that FSU just had back to back home runs.  As we were heading out of the bathroom, I heard some rustling in the palm trees overhead.  Next thing I know a foul ball lands three feet from me, so after all of these years going to FSU baseball games, at CarCar's first one we get a foul ball.  While I have the ball (actually CarCar gave it to Brother) I don't really have the cool 'I made a great catch to get this foul ball' story.

We had a great time even though it was a bit hot out.  Final totals:  Tickets - $7, Pretzel for CarCar - $3, Lemonade for CarCar - $4, Two Chocolate Chip Cookies for CarCar (not recommendable on hot days) - $2, Italian Ice for CarCar - $4, and water for Dad - $3.  As you can see CarCar got her fill of food at the game.

Here are a few pics from the game:



FSU warming up.


CarCar settling in.


Play ball!


A crazy 1st inning consisting of back-to-back home runs and a foul ball in my pocket.


CarCar inspecting the ads on the right field wall.


The foul ball.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment