Who are these Critters you speak of?

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Me and the Boy

As I said in an earlier post the Boy and I headed home from Orlando on Wednesday. It was a guys only weekend. I got to be a single dad of a singleton child. I can tell you that my scheduling and preparation (especially food) was totally off. I guess it is harder than I thought to change your mindset from three children to one. I have honestly not had as much free time since the Critters were born. It does help that Brother is the model child.

On Thursday Brother got to meet a new crittersitter, Jordan. She and Brother appeared to have a great time. In the afternoon Brother got to have Aunt Donna all to himself. Friday morning Ms. Lane and Camp came over to play, and Aunt Donna came over in the afternoon again.

Brother has been wanting to see Despicable Me since we first saw the advertisement. We decided to head over to AMC to catch the 10:15am show. Let me tell you pre-noon tickets on Saturday and Sunday are a bargain at $4.75 for an adult. (Apparently it is the same price for any show Mon-Thurs.) I planned it perfectly, we wouldn't get into the theater too early, probably about a minute before showtime. Little did I know that there were 45 minutes of previews. It was absolutely ridiculous. Much to my surprise though, Brother sat attentively and watched over an hour of the movie. He decided that he had had enough of sitting still by that point. Brother was getting a little hungry and I had promised him that we could go to Dog Et All. I got my usual and Brother ordered the corn dog. He loved the hot dog portion but wasn't crazy about the corn dog coating. After a nap, a walk around Lake Ella, and a trip to Publix Brother decided to call it a day.

Brother's first movie.

Brother wanted to get out and stretch his legs at the theater.

Brother at Dog Et All.

Sunday we planned to go to FSU Fan Day at the Civic Center. While I am a rabid FSU fan, somehow Rian and I birthed an SEC (specifically a University of Tennessee) fan. Brother loves him some "Rocky Top" and Smokey. But Reese can appreciate certain aspect of FSU fandom, specifically the cheerleaders and the Golden Girls. We met Steve and his little guy Trey there and we proceeded to stand in line to meet Christian Ponder. While Reese was excited to meet him, he informed me that he was no Jim Bob Cooter. I had to agree with Brother that that was one of the most entertaining Quarterback names that I have ever heard. Reese got tired quickly of waiting in line so we decided to have a quick snack/juice break and walk around. We went and met Chief Osceola and Renegade and most importantly we met the cheerleaders and Golden Girls. Brother was in paradise, and he had his A-game on.

Brother was a little apprehensive around Chief Osceola.

But he was in his element with the cheerleaders. "Hey ladies!"

Not one to be short change himself, Reese decided to put the moves on the Golden Girls too.

Reese staring inappropriately at the brunette Golden Girl. What can you say though, he's a guy.

It was a great guys weekend but I can honestly say that I was ready for the craziness to return to my life with all of the girls coming home. I definitely missed them something fierce.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment