Who are these Critters you speak of?

Thursday, January 6, 2011

...And We're Back, The Christmas Edition

I don't know, there is something about Nancy Regan sitting on Mr. T's lap that screams Merry Christmas to me.

We are finally back in the TLH and trying to get settled back into the swing of things. I do have to say that it was a very eventful Christmas vacation for us. Lots of fun, lots of presents, and last but not least lots of sickness.

We hit the road on the 22nd to try and beat the traffic down to Orlando. We did beat the traffic but I have to say it still was not an enjoyable ride. Please leave car traveling tips if you got 'em. We got there around 8 and the Critters headed straight to bed. The next morning was rather uneventful aside from Hadley having a little fever. Throughout the day we noticed the fever getting a little worse and I thought her face looked a little splotchy. That night was when things got a little crazy, we started to notice red bumps on her neck. On Christmas Eve we headed to a pediatrician in Orlando to see what the deal was and while we were sitting in the doctors office Hadley developed a full blow, raised red bump rash. Luckily we found out it was some virus called Roseola (or for you science geeks - Exanthema subitum). I say luckily because the rash is apparently the final stage of the sickness.

After learning that little bit of news my mom and I headed off to grab a quick bit to eat with the Hadster. Unfortunately at lunch my mom fell ill. She was out of commission for the rest of Christmas Eve and even missed the dinner that was supposed to be thrown at her house. We had prepared a lot of the food the night before so it was a quick switch from my mom's house to Grandma Kate's house. Luckily the next day my mom was back to feelin' good.

The Critters awoke to a sea of presents on Christmas morning. So many that some are still down in Orlando waiting to be brought back. We had a nice relaxing morning of opening presents and then having a brunch type meal. The Critters went down for a much needed nap and I think the rest of us did too. We had a great Christmas dinner later on that night and settled in to watch some football.

About 5 o' clock in the morning the sickness hit me like a ton of bricks. I could barely even walk. I was out of commission for the next day and a half. I don't remember much of the day after Christmas as I think I was asleep for much of it.

This is about how I was feeling the two days after Christmas. (Just a visual aid for ya'll.)

The good news is that Reese and Carson didn't get too sick, notice I said too sick. They both got fevers, Carson's was definitely worse but they were over it quickly.

Here are a few shots from Christmas:

The infamous Candy Cane Pie and a drink called a Poinsettia. (There were quite a few of these consumed.)

This is what the Critters woke up to.

Let the present unwrapping commence.

Can you tell CarCar doesn't feel well?


No comments:

Post a Comment