Who are these Critters you speak of?

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And We're Back

I am back from an extended absence. Rian, the Critters, and I were in Orlando for a little bit and we are still transitioning the girl Critters into their big girl beds. How long is this supposed to take?

First off happy belated birthday to Grandma B (July 28th) and Me (August 2nd)! We were in Orlando for both, well I spent half of my birthday on I-75 driving back to Tallahassee. I guess it was only a couple hours but it sure can fell like half a day. We are in the midst of transforming our guest room that was a relaxing green into a perfectly pink room fit for Critter princesses, complete with Lilly P bedding. And believe me when I say pink we are talking a serious pink. I just have the crown molding and door frames left to paint, but don't worry we are keeping those white to try to buffer some of the pinkiness. I will have some pics up by this weekend.

Brother is probably the most excited about this move as he will remain in the nursery which will be transformed into his own little nautical space, complete with a Coast Guard pillow in honor of Grandpa Dave. The girls have taken to moving his crib around the room while he is trying to sleep. Apparently this is not condusive to sleep, but that is just an assumption. The down side to painting the nursery is the infamous striped wall. Can you say primer, oh, and then say it again. I am not looking forward to painting that beast. But in the end it will be a nice khaki color with navy blue furniture (some repurposed and painted).

The weekend before we left for Orlando the Girls had a Princess Birthday Party at the University Center Club at Doak Campbell Stadium. Yes, that is FSU's football stadium. The girls had a great time and came home with lots of goodies. Brother and i had the morning to ourselves. We drove through campus, and got lost a few times. Things have changed a little bit, like roads vanishing. After that we headed to the capital so Brother could run around in the courtyard and see the dolphin (or as Hadley says, Dol-fiiiiii-nnn) fountain. Brother had the best time running around and navigating all of the stairs, and let me tell you there are quite a few. After that we headed to Brother's favorite, Dog-et-al. He apparently worked up an appetite as he ate an entire meal and then some of mine.

That's all I got for now but I have a few posts about the room transformations and trips to the Tallahassee Junior Museum coming up.

Here are a few pictures from Brother's day at the capital:

Brother in the Capital Courtyard.

Brother pointing out an American Flag.

As you can tell Brother likes to point.

Brother by the Dolphin fountain looking at the Florida Supreme Court, or probably the American Flag.

Hadley in some of her princess gear.


Chris

1 comment:

  1. she would be so fun with just her little princess crown on while I clap her cheeks and enjoy her creamy lil cunny

    ReplyDelete