Who are these Critters you speak of?

Monday, October 5, 2009

An Open Letter to the Critters

Hey Critters, its your dad in cyberspace. I just wanted to write you a letter to know how proud and honored I am to be your father. I can't believe that it has been five months since you came into this world. There have been quite a few laughs and probably just as many tears in that short time. I still can't get over how fast time is moving. I can remember when your mother was pregnant I wanted time to move so fast so you could get here and I could make sure everything was okay with you all. Now I just want to move in slow motion so I don't miss a thing.

Carson, you have blossomed into one of the sweetest little girls in the world. You were the quiet one for so long, but now you have found your voice. Your mom and I just need to remember that you are on CarCar time and you will do things as you see fit. You have quite possibly the sweetest little laugh. "Here comes the mouse from.................." I hope that this gives you a laugh when you can read this. So as I have said Carson you are dad's soft spoken, super sweet little girl.

Reese, you do everything to please your mom and me. I don't think that we could have gotten a better little big guy. You nap when you are supposed to and you can generally tell when mom and dad need a little break. You are also one of the most sensitive little guys that I have seen. We could tell when you were in the NICU that you were talking to us with your eyes. The moment that comes to mind is when you looked at your mother and said, "Mama, everything is gonna be all right. Sisters and I will be out of here real soon." You have grown so much since the first time that I saw you. I know that they grouped you as a "wimpy little white boy," but big guy you have fought and grown like a true little champ.

Hadley, or should I say "Heavy H." You have always been the strongest of the bunch and I have a feeling that that will place out the same in the future. You have a little sister and brother (by mere minutes) to watch after. You have grown into such a wonderful little girl. I don't think anyone can laugh and smile like you, just this mouth open grin with one of the most wonderful little laugh noises that you will hear. I really think that you are hitting your stride now and it is both wonderful and a little sad at the same time. Wonderful because you are growing and developing at a super rate, but in the same breath a little sad because you are growing so fast. You have mastered to roll over from stomach to back and you almost have the back to stomach figured out. Keep on keepin' on Hadster. Dad is so proud of how you are doing.

I know that there will be so many good times in the future for us to enjoy I just wanted to let you guys know how much I truly love being your father. Now, I won't say that there has not been any frustrating times, but those are so far outweighed by the good times they are easily forgotten. Please just keep on doing what you guys are doing and you will grow into the big critters that your mother and I envisioned.

Just remember that no matter how frustrated we get, your mother and I still love you guys and we would not change our situation for the world.

Love,

Dad



Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment