Who are these Critters you speak of?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gator Bowl 2010

Pic courtesy of Warchant.com

Rian and I were able to sneak off to the Gator Bowl to see Florida State take on West Virginia in Bobby Bowden's last game. Let's just say that it wasn't the nicest of days. The weather folks got it wrong once again. I wish I had a job where I could be wrong 50% of the time. It felt more like the game was in West Virginia rather than Jacksonville, Florida. Throw a little rain on top of temps in the 40s and you have a great tailgating day. Oh, and for good measure Rian and I had flip-flops on, because once again it wasn't supposed to be cold.

Luckily we took Grandma Kate's car and she had some jackets and scarves in the back, the bad part is all of the outerwear was Navy and Yellow - West Virginia University school colors. Rian was decked out in yellow (pseudo gold) pants and a white shirt and I had on my new FSU game day pants and a white shirt. You can see where I am going with this, Rian looked like a straight up West Virginia fan, and I just looked really confused when I added the navy and yellow jacket to my FSU pants. People kept asking me if I was confused or rooting for both teams so I just told people I was celebrating the entirety of Bowden's career. (Note: I have no idea what Sanford's colors are.)

It stopped raining around kickoff so instead of rainy and cold it was just windy and cold in our upper deck seats. The game was great, an FSU win, which this season was few and far between. We headed off back to Orlando after the game to get some much needed rest.

Pictures:

Rian as a West Virginia fan.

Rian and I at half time, notice my navy and gold jacket.

Halftime celebration for Bobby.

Final Score, Go Noles!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment