Who are these Critters you speak of?

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hadster




Sweet Hadley, I just realized that I had not written a blog dedicated solely to you. First born, last blogged about.

What can you say about Hadley besides that she has beautiful eyes and eyelashes that most college aged girls would kill for.
Your name is of English origin and literally means "field of heather." While it says on the website that Hadley can be both a boys and girls name, I think that you are safe when it comes to people confusing you for the boy. Unfortunately for Reese and Carson they will have to deal with people always assuming that Reese is your sister and Carson your brother. They are firmly entrenched in the land of androgynous names.
Hadley, I must say that you are perfect in so many ways. Just the looks that you give mom and I can melt even the coldest heart, and it is near impossible to get mad at you even when you cry uncontrollably.
Now, on to the business of a nickname that you have picked up. "Peaches" While I understand the meaning behind this nickname, in reference to your flawless skin, "Peaches and Cream," I can only seem to associate this name with a woman who swings around a brass pole for a living. I know that I will have to shake this image from my brain because I am fighting a losing battle, but dad will do his best to come up with another nickname that does not conjure up images of Mons Venus.
But back to the serious stuff. I wanted to write a blog to you to let you know how much your mother and I love you. You are the oldest of our miracle babies and you will always be loved, that is unless you live up to the image I have of your nickname.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love reading your blogs Chris! They are so funny and so heartfelt! Thanks for keeping us all updated! :) ((Hugs))-Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sister, soul sister...can't wait to hold you sister :)

    I was laughing out loud at this post! So sweet, yet borderline inappropriate - well at least the image. just kidding. can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete