Who are these Critters you speak of?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

O Captain, My Captain.


Sorry to disappoint but this will not be an entry about the great Walt Whitman, but rather one about me steering the ship by myself while Rian is at training. I am happy to report - so far so good. I really thought that it would be a lot worse, but the little critters have been great. I have even been able to get some work done in between feedings.

I guess this plays into one of the biggest fallacies of having multiples. Wait for it --------- you can have a life. We are not going to shut ourselves in the house for nine months until we feel the entire world is safe, something that it will never be. Now don't get me wrong I will not be taking the Critters to a leper colony or a TB clinic, but I see no harm in taking them to Sage for brunch. Last time I checked Sage specialized in delicious food, not communicable diseases.

Another secret that I am going to let out is that it isn't that difficult to go places. You will need to be a little more organized but its not rocket science. All you need is a proper stroller, a sweet diaper bag, and a little patience. I treat it like an assembly line. Pop out car carrier, place in hatch area, remove critter, place in stroller, rinse and repeat. The critters and I will be making a trip out this afternoon to Costco and maybe the mall. I am excited to take the new Baby Bjorn for a spin, I really can't believe that I just wrote that I'm excited about trying out the Baby Bjorn.

Sorry for my rambling, but I just wanted to let any parents of multiples know our experience. It really isn't as bad as everyone tells you it is going to be.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment